- View our Online Product Brochure -

Navy Emporium
Guestbooks

For the US Navy Sailor!
Navy Emporium's
Engraved Plaques
and Displays
USS Ingersoll DD-652 Guestbook

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Navy Emporium Guestbook Index -> USS Ingersoll DD-652
::  
Name Guestbook Entry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 5:01 pm    Years Served: Welcome to the USS Ingersoll DD-652 Guestbook Forum Reply with quote

Please view our commemorative USS Ingersoll DD-652 products in our Ship's Store!

++++USS Ingersoll DD-652 PLAQUES - ENGRAVINGS - GIFTS - PRODUCTS ++++
James Moss

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:07 pm    Years Served: 1945-1946 Reply with quote

I often think of the crew that I served with.....mostly fond memories!
Thomas Wyatt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:18 pm    Years Served: 1945-1946 Reply with quote

Good ship and good crew! Fond memories
Ronnie Emmulsen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:17 pm    Years Served: 1945-1946 Reply with quote

Many years since serving on this great ship! Would love to hear from from shipmates from back in the day!
Larry Graham

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:24 am    Years Served: 1952-1954 Reply with quote

Many of your USS Ingersoll Shipmates are members of the USS Ingersoll Vets and are on our Sailing List. We can be found at
www.uss-ingersoll-vets.com
Come and join us!
Robert (Bob) Bascue

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:25 am    Years Served: 1965, 1966 Reply with quote

Off to Vietnam we went in 1965. But first we backed the old girl clear across San Diego Bay and into the bottom. I've often laughed about how that ship shook when we passed the last sea buoy, and sped up to 2/3 speed ahead! The Starboard shaft had an almost 8 off-center bend in it. So, after a night or two in drydock in Longbeach, we finally set sail for Vietnam, and our Destroyer Squadron. Heck, they were so far ahead of us, that it made no difference at all that we stopped all along the way for Japanese glass fishing net floats. The Captain must have had a jillion of those things!
Anybody else who was there...my e-mail is: rbasq@hotmail.com
Cedric (Buzz) Levensaler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:41 pm    Years Served: 1951-1955 Reply with quote

Hello Shipmates
Russell F. Hooper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:07 pm    Years Served: Feb 65 to Feb 68 Reply with quote

Hello to all. Let's hope all will sign up.
Oscar Amoroso

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:30 pm    Years Served: June 1966 to 1970 Decommissioning Reply with quote

How can I forget USS Ingersoll DD-652. My best shipboard tour of duty was on the Ingersoll. Lots of fun memories from the time I came on board in 1966 at 32nd Naval Station, San Diego to the sad decommisioning day in 1970. Hope I can attend one of the reunion someday and rejoin the old crew.

Ready Now The Ingersoll Motto
James Leslie McCallister

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:08 am    Years Served: Reply with quote

This post is to let others who served with my dad on the USS Ingersoll, that he sadly passed away this morning at the age of 70. He was with his wife Jane and his daughter Lisa and son-n-law Tony at his bedside.

He is survived by his wife, Jane, sons Vergal and Kenny, daughter Lisa and numerous brothers and sisters at home in Holcomb, Missouri.

He was full of life and had a great sense of humor. He was so proud of serving on your ship and he was proud to be a Veteran. He will be buried in the new Veterans Cemetary in Missouri. Godspeed Pop.

Your loving daughter Lisa...
Robert W. Balcombe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:49 pm    Years Served: 1962 thru 1963 Reply with quote

The Uss Ingersoll was my first and only Naval vessel. I remember taken back to my ship when I was on a 2 dayer headed for the boarder. Unfortunately I was turned around and told to return to my ship. An found out we were headed to the Panama Canal. Who I really remember from our crew was a First Class Bow sen Mate called Sitka(SW) He was all Navy hard as a rock stern but had a heart of gold.. I went on leave in 1962. That is when I almost died from Diabetes. Spent 6 months at Madegon Army Host. at Fort Lewis WA. From there I sent 4 months at Bremerton Naval Hospital, Bremerton WA. Am medically discharged from Bremerton. From there I returned home did some schooling and found out I had a gift of gab. So I moved to the Bay Area and sold Custom Furniture. in 77 Moved back home to a small town in Wester WA. an opened up a Custom Fishing Rod and Reel repair shop. Retired in 2000. I still build custom fishing rods at home. If you want to talk old Navy days or fishing give me a call at 360-482-5389. or balcomberods@aol.com I now reside in Elma, WA.
Ron Bottomley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:52 pm    Years Served: 1968-1969 Reply with quote

I came on board the Ingersoll in late 1968 following my two tours at U.S. Naval Support Activity, Danang, Vietnam. I was in charge of the ships six storerooms. She was the only ship I served on. I was happy with my time on board and the friends I made there. I remember the little bump in the night we had leaving Van Couver, BC. It trashed my aft main storeroom and was secretly repaired back in San Diego. Rumer had it the XO was driving.
bob bremmer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 3:07 pm    Years Served: 1958-1962 Reply with quote

served as a Signalman and yeoman, friends from texas were Eugene Choate, King, Robert Mayo from Illinois, Bill Swartz from chicago, Bob Brockman from texas....
bob brenner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:50 pm    Years Served: 1959 thru 1962 Reply with quote

Served as seaman, yeoman, and finally signalman, friends from texas eugene choate King bob brockman, Whatley, robert mayo from illinois, bill schwartz from illionois, many others presently live in the woodlands tx and would like to hear from some of the guys who were on board back then
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Navy Emporium Guestbook Index -> USS Ingersoll DD-652 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  

Navy Emporium Terms of Use