Navy Emporium
Guestbooks

For the US Navy Sailor!
Navy Emporium's
Engraved Plaques
and Displays
USS Wedderburn DD-684 Guestbook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Navy Emporium Guestbook Index -> USS Wedderburn DD-684
::  
Name Guestbook Entry
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 5:01 pm    Years Served: Welcome to the USS Wedderburn DD-684 Guestbook Forum Reply with quote

Please view our commemorative USS Wedderburn DD-684 products in our Ship's Store!

++++USS Wedderburn DD-684 PLAQUES - ENGRAVINGS - GIFTS - PRODUCTS ++++
louis a buikema

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:53 am    Years Served: 1943-1946 Reply with quote

My dad served as a Gunners Mate/Signalman in the
Pacific Ocean on the Destroyer U.S.S. Wederburn DD684, Group Task Force 38,
under command of Amdiral (Bull) Halsey and Admiral John McCain. He
would love to hear from anyone that served during this time.
Joel L. Collins

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:50 am    Years Served: 1965 - 1968 Reply with quote

I was in B division worked in both firerooms lots of good times while aboard the Weedburner both while in the states and while in Westpac
Joel Severance

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:06 am    Years Served: 1966 - 1967 Reply with quote

West Pac 1967. Served as Yeoman and #1-5 gun mount powder handler. Also during GQ as the Gun Boss phone talker...positioned on top of the bridge.
john eichler

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:37 am    Years Served: 1961 Reply with quote

I was a Radioman 2/c on the Wedderburn in 1961. Love to hear from old shipmates.
Robert (Bob) Lininger

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 am    Years Served: 1958-1960 Reply with quote

I was the ships barber aboard the Wedderburn from 1958 thru 1960, the ship made 2 trips to wespac during that time, My nickname was (daddylin), anyone serving during that time and would like to contact me my e-mail address is bnhpad@sbcglobal.net.
Kelly Jarboe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:02 am    Years Served: 1959-1961 Reply with quote

I reported aboard Dec. 59, was asigned to Aft. Fireroom, Then Mess Cook then Fwd. Eng Room, Left the Wedderburn in 61 for Machinery Repairman Class A School in 61.

Contact Information: cobra44@sbcglobal.net
Robert (Bob) Wilks

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:21 am    Years Served: 1965-1969 Reply with quote

Many good memories of Westpac and the old Wedderburn crew. I wonder how many remember the time that the ship rammed us from behind at the dock in Hawaii.I was a DC2 ad was released from the ship in the Phillipines just before the final return to the states.My email is wearout1@aol.com or thru my web page which is erweartech.com. Haven't heard from anyone in years. Good luck to all.I would like to hit one of the reunions some time.
Legrand Lanier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:55 pm    Years Served: 68-69 Reply with quote

I met up with the Wedderburn while she was in drydock at Long Beach. Copp BM2 checked me in, showed me the middle bunk in 1st. Div. He showed me ALL his tatoos the next morning. I was not impressed with him or the ship and I was thousands of miles from home. The journey had begun. Today, I am an active working member of the USS Wedderburn DD-684 Association promoting reunion activity. You may contact me at llanierdd684@gmail.com. Come to the next reunion and meet the guys from WWII through VietNam. Your friends will be there too.
Paul J. Dymek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 pm    Years Served: 1960 to 1961 Reply with quote

I was gunnersmate seaman on the Wedderburn in '60 & '61. Would love to talk to old mates. Chief Burns was chief in charge of gun gang.
Paul J. Dymek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:03 pm    Years Served: 1959 to 1960 Reply with quote

I would love to talk to old mates. I served on the Wedderburn from 1959 to 1960. I was a gunnersmate. My Email address is lostthenfound_2000@yahoo.com
Bill Dudley BM3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:28 am    Years Served: 1964 Reply with quote

Lasting memory while aboard the Wedderburn was during refueling at sea we went alongside the USS Ponchatoula. They were alongside on the port side when we took cover for shot lines at the aft refueling station I stepped behide the 5 gun mount and it didn't have the centerpin locked and and the power was still on someone in fire control spun the mount and I was crushed between the gun mount and the bulkhead. Was later transferred to Balboa Naval Hospital because of hernia I received so missed the WesPac cruise. After discharged from hospital I volunteered for VietNam and spent remainder of service on a PCF operating out of DaNang and Chu Lai
Bill Dudley

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:45 am    Years Served: 1964 Reply with quote

Regarding previous post about refueling accident anyone who was on the aft refueling station. If you would please contact me at willybill8485@att.net. I don't remember any particulars except stepping behind the gun mount and next thing I remember I was laying on the starboard side when it spit me out the other side and the kapox lifejacket I was wearing was ripped to sheds and then remember waking up in sick bay.
Rod Barnett SH3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:51 pm    Years Served: 1960-1964 Reply with quote

Very few of the Supply crew from thoese years ever show up on the boards, would like to hear from some of the rest of the crew.If you were aboard in 1960-64 I cut your hair , washed your clothes or sold you a candy bar out of the ships store. :D Enjoyed my time on the Wedderburn,what a great ship and good memories. rod_barnett@hotmail.com
Denman Kessle

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:09 pm    Years Served: 6 Reply with quote

A great ship, I was on board from September of 1963 until November of 1969. from RD3 to RD1. I just attended a reunion in Portland Oregon held September 9 - 14 2009. 40 men from 1944 until1969 attended, next reunion will be in Buffalo New York, June 2011.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Navy Emporium Guestbook Index -> USS Wedderburn DD-684 All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  

Navy Emporium Terms of Use