Welcome to the USS Ticonderoga CV-14 Guestbook Forum

Back to blog

54 comments

Years Served: 1969 – 1971…served in g division as personnel yeoman would like to hear from others from that time.

william jackson

Years Served: 1969 – 1971…CDR Roger Johnson i would love to get a picture of Jane Fonda boat how can i contact you.

william jackson

Years Served: 1971-72…I made two Westpacs on the Tico as an ADJ-2 in HS-8. Had some great times.

Walt Setzer

Years Served: 1966 – 1970…Served on board during 3 deployments to the far east. Worked on Pilot Landing Aid Television system (PLAT) and Fresnel Lens Landing system. Was in OE Division and V-2 Division. Made a career of the Navy retiring in 1989 from the Submarine Force. The Tico was one of my favorite sea tours. A lot of good men and memories.

Theron Irving

Years Served: 1958 – 1959…Following a stint on the USS Yorktown (CV-10), I was assigned to the USS Ticonderoga (CV-14) to serve as editor of the ship’s newspaper during a training exercise in the Far East. I reported to the ship at the Navy Yard in Bremerton, Washington, where the Ticonderoga was under water — literally. Someone had accidentally pulled a plug and flooded two decks. An auspicious beginning to what turned out to be one of the best experiences I had during my four years in the Navy. The Ti was a great ship, with great personnel and some of the best chow anywhere. I wonder if there’s anyone else out there that served during that period?

Sheldon I. Altfeld

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.